Sunday, November 7, 2010

Almost 2 months =D !!

Okay...so... Heyyyyyylo everyone who is reading this...I'm tired...and don't feel like writing a new post but...i've got some time...and if i wait any longer, i'm gonna end up forgetting stuff =P

Sooooo...my last post was on monday...I think in the afternoon??
Anyways, after i wrote that post, I went out for a walk with my host parents and their friends, and we went and got gelato!! At a music café, I got...chocolate, mango, and fiore di latte =) it was sooooooo goooooood! There were some tv's in the café that were playing music videos and one of Mariah Carry's (not sure if i spelt that right?) videos came on, and it was something about a nerd...i don't know how to explain it...but at one point the guy was sitting at an office desk and she was behind him dancing or something and my host dad was just like "Now thats the kind of secretary i'd like...maybe i'll trade in my old wife for a young girl like her" hahaha of course he was joking but it was hilarious! nothing else happened monday...we went our for pizza =P

Tuesday was another holiday, so we slept in and didn't go to school. We were supposed to all go to S. Agata, but there was a raging tropical thunderstorm going on so only my host parents ended up going.

Wednesday, i went to Cosenza with my host mom to go get my residence permit, but turns out the computers weren't working, so we have a new appointment for the 6th of Decmeber.

Thursday was school..not very exciting...i got an italian test back...and i got a 5 1/2 on it bahaha (marks here are out of 10 =S) but no like getting a 7 1/2 is considered REALLY good...and i think only 1 person in my class got above a 7 so i think i did okay haha. Gym on thursday was pretty good, we did lost of tumbling =)

Friday school was fairly uneventful...i had french all morning, and in one of my french classes (i had a double period) We had a test on "La Chanson De Roland" ...i finished 1 hour early lol...and I re-wrote my little essay thing...because the first one was kinda messy...i think i did pretty good =) Afternoon, we had 3 hours of math -_- ugh...that was boring...because my last period teacher wasn't at school. Friday night we went to the 18th b-day party of one of the girls in my class...before we left for her house, me elena, and stefania stopped at "think tank" (a gift shop) and elena and stefania picked out a present...it was so funny! They got a mug with a picture of a guy in swim shorts on it...and when you put something hot in the mug...his swim shorts disappear  XD hahaha The party was good, we laughed and ate cake and snacks =)

Yesterday school was pretty good =) In the morning, i went and talked to one of the younger classes about canada, and answered questions and showed them some videos and photos. They want me go back again next saturday! (This is good...because it gets me out of physics! ...not that i don't like physics...it's just that the teacher thinks that by coming and teaching the lesson from my desk and writing in my book while talking extremely loudly will help me understand better haha) And in the afternoon we had english...and we got our english test back...and guess what i got?????? A 10!!!! lol yay me!
We left for S. agata after lunch because we had another 18th b-day party to go to lol
The party was really nice, it was in a hall, and it was catered. There was soooo much food!!! and like 120 people came to the party!! (my host sister was joking that the all of S. agata was there because it's a small town!) We hung out and talked and ate. They had some slide shows the family and friends had made for the birthday girl and they were really nice...and had some funny photos! We stayed until like 1ish, cause they didn't cut the cake till about 12:30 and then everyone was taking pictures. The cake was really good! well...the one i tried anyways...i think there were 6 or 7 different cakes!!

Today we got up and drove back to castrovillari and went straight to the main street, because the volunteer association "Gli Amici Del Cuore" which my host parents are part of was selling nuts to raise money for heart health research. I talked in french with one of the people that was part of the association...he knows french cause he lived in belgium for a while. After some of our friends from school came by to help, and i ended up talking with 2 of them from like 2 hours!! We laughed soooooo much...it was great! Then we went out for lunch with some of the family and it was DELICIOUS!!! We ate brushetta, and mushroom pasta, and meat, and potatoes, and fruit, and panna cotta!! (panna cotta is a dessert it translates to cooked cream =P ...it's really good!!)

yeah then we came home and now i'm writing this...and i'm tired so i'm going to go get ready for bed =)

Miss youuuussss! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment